Sew What Quilts -Redding, CA




A few weeks ago, my husband and I got away from Reno and the dogs for a brief while and ventured to Northern California for a long weekend.  We spent some time camping and on our way home we stopped at a few quilt stores in Redding and Chico.  The quilt store in Redding is Fabulous!  A don't-miss for sure!


Sew What Quilts & Yarns
Redding, CA


Hours:
Mon-Fri 10-5:30pm
Sat 10-5:00 pm
Sunday CLOSED


2609 Bechelli Lane, Redding, CA 96002
(530)-242-0177





Sandwiched between a boat shop and a motorcycle shop, Sew What Quilts is conveniently located in an extra large building chocked full of fabric and yarn.  There aren't too many quilt shops where you can send your significant other to his choice of "man store" while you browse the fabric section!  And hey, if boats and motorcycles aren't his thing, they even have a big, comfortable couch where he can kick his feet up and rest.  Now that's service!! 


Extremely spacious with tall ceilings, this shop carries the latest and greatest fabrics not to mention a plethora of whatever else you may be looking for.  They have a LOT of bolts.





They also have a very large selection of quilting books.  This was a treat to browse through as well.




Now, I'm not a knitter but I have to say that their yarn shop was very impressive.  Lots of variety and the shop itself (which is inside the quilt shop), was bright and contemporary.  It exuded F-U-N!  I think my Mother-in-Law the crotchet-er would have been mighty jealous!



The staff was very friendly and ready to assist in any way.  I had the good fortune of meeting the owner, Lori.  I was thrilled that she gave me her blessing to write this blog article and post some pictures here.
 



It was easy to write nice things about this shop because it was simply beautiful and well worth seeing! 


I enjoyed browsing their website and was inspired by all of the charity work they do.  They raise money for free local mammograms, collect hats in winter and every time a customer brings in their own shopping bag they donate money to local missionary work!


Bravo!


Check out their website: http://www.sewwhatquilts.com/


Sew What Quilts is a true member of this community so remember to support them so they can continue to grow and fluorish.  They need us if they plan to serve our communities for many years to come.




I found this quilt hanging next to the cash register.  How cool is this?? Martini glasses and shakers!!!!  I love it! 


Hope you're having a good day. 

Heather  :)


2 comments:

  1. I know this is a very OLD post but Redding, CA & quilt shop caught my eye! I saw your denim quilt Pinned on Pinterest. And since I live in Redding & am a new quilter, I had to read your post! Next time you're through Redding, also take a look at Sew Simple quilt shop. It's also pretty amazing! 2223 Larkspur Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy,
    Thanks so much for looking at this post! It's great to hear from a Redding person! I will definitely check out Sew Simple. I appreciate the head's up from a local! :)
    Heather
    P.S. Enjoy your new hobby!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...