Tiny Ticker Tape Tutorial



Over at Sew Mama Sew, I discovered a really cute way to use up small scraps with a tutorial for making a Tiny Ticker Tape Quilt for dolls. 

(It was actually based on a quilt from Crazy Mom Quilts- the original was a much larger version, as you can see in this link, and if I'm reading it correctly, Crazy Mom Quilts is actually the creator of this doll quilt as well.)

Since I have a 4 year old niece I decided to try my hand at making one!

Here's what it looked like before binding...






And with binding...




I gave it to my niece this weekend and she happily agreed to pose with it out in the sunshine. 


She's so beautiful!

4 comments:

  1. nice work!!! isn't it rewarding to use up all those little scraps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can say that again!! I've started a whole pile of scraps just for this purpose, it was such an adorable quilt! Thanks again for the wonderful idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is just a fabulous as your neice! Happy quilting...


    www.aqsquiltnews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job. Love your quilt. Thanks for the link. I'm always looking for ways to use up those scraps.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...