Reno Quilt Show

The last weekend of June I attended this year's Quilting, Stitches and Crafts Expo at the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno, NV.



This show has been coming to Reno for the past few years, they offer tons of classes and lots of vendor booths for SHOPPING!  I don't think I want to admit how much money I have spent there over the past few years!!  :)



How wonderful for our community that we have such a terrific show to look forward to year after year.  This year we even had Mark Lipinski as a featured teacher!



Here's a couple of vendor floor photos. 






Log Cabin Quilt Kits


I was excited about one booth in particular.   Jordan's Patchwork Quilts specializes in precut log cabin kits (both table runners and quilts). 


Let me just preface this by saying, I LOVE quilt kits!!  I love everything about them; the way they're packaged (don't they look like little presents?), the perfect color coordination (why can't I do that?), the fact that everything if packaged for you all in one little bundle!


Jordan's had tons of kits, mostly log cabin.  Here you can see many of their samples.  My Mom's in the background there chatting with one of the owners!



Finding a favorite kit to take home was not difficult.  I chose a table runner kit (I already have too many quilt kits, I couldn't add another one!).  The kit I chose was called Bali Batik Jungle!!  Oh-la-la!  A beautiful combination of creams, greens and browns!  Gorgeous! 




All of the kits included the pre cut strips (see above), borders and backing fabric.  All you have to do is piece it!  So Easy!! 


So far I have pieced my blocks and here's what it looks like....





Don't you just love it!!  Now I just need to add borders.


Here is a similar version in a very large quilt.  I think this quilt sold me on the runner.  It was just gorgeous!!




What a fantastic idea these guys have going.  Not only can you buy their kits at shows but also in their ebay store as well.  (www.stores.ebay.com/jordans)


Overall, I had a terrific time (so did my Mom).  Can't wait 'til next year!!




Heather  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...