Finishing Up the T-Shirt Quilt!


So, I’ve been gone from Blogdom for a while. The holidays just took over and that was my only focus for a while!

But…I’m back!

I did get the t-shirt quilt finished in time for Christmas. I finished sewing on the label at 8:30pm Christmas Eve!! Oh well, it was fun and he REALLY liked it! That was the point!

Here’s where I left off with my last blog post.  The top was completed and ready to go to the quilters (AKA “Mom”).
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Got it back from my Mom a few days later and got busy on the binding.


OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA



I knew in the back of my head that I was not going to let this quilt get out the door without a label!! It’s happened too many times where I took until the last minute to finish the quilt and never got the chance to add one.
So…I made sure I built enough time into the finishing and I was happy with the finished result. Normally, I print the label on prepackaged paper backed fabric. However, I just read an article about a woman who prints her message on the computer (in whatever font she likes), puts a piece of fabric over the paper and traces the message in her own hand.
What a great idea!!
I decided to give it a try and I was really happy with the results. Here’s what it looked like!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
It’s personalized but neat.
In my next post I’ll talk about putting the finishing touches on the rag  quilt/table runner. The fun continues!

Take Care!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...