The Joy of Full Time Quilting

 

I finally made it!  My last day of work was one week ago today.  It was a long time coming.  I waited for approximately four months after officially quitting my job before leaving.  For the month of July I worked three days a week.  Those three days were killer though- very stressful!

 

Now, I am moving onto the life I’ve wanted for some time now. 

 

My intention is to make money by focusing on my passions.  Of course, quilting, is at the very top of the list.  I love to sew, I love to quilt.

 

I’ve got quite a few ideas, many of which revolve around having an Etsy shop. 

 

My very first plan is to finish my denim rag quilt PATTERN.  A lot of people have asked about it.  I’m very excited to get going on it again and finishing it!

 

In the meantime, I’m also excited to tackle quite a few projects that weren’t getting done around the house.  While I was working whatever free time I had was devoted to spending time with my family and quilting!

 

Here are 10 things I’ve accomplished in my first week away from my job:

1. I vacuumed out all of the dust bunnies from around the bed.  There were dust bunnies on top of dust bunnies under there.  I can actually see carpet now!

2. I cleaned the plastic grate/vent at the base of the refrigerator.  This thing was nasty.  I had to take a “Mr. Clean” pad to it in order to cut through the grease but it looks amazing now!  In addition, I vacuumed out all of the dust bunnies under the refrigerator as well.

3. I finally got all of our winter clothes out of the closet and put into storage.  At the same time, I put into the closet the remaining summer clothes.  I also pulled out any clothes that no longer fit and donated them to charity.

4. I cancelled our more expensive phone, TV and internet providers and changed over to one “bundled” provider.  We’re saving over $100 a month!!

5. I cleaned the toaster over.  This was another job for a Mr. Clean pad.  Oh my gosh, those things really cut through grease.  I was actually thinking we would have to take it out back and shoot it and get another one, it was looking so bad.  But it cleaned up Very nice.  It felt great to get it so clean!

6. I cleaned out the freezer.  There was some meat in there from 2007.  ;(  Not only did I clean out the freezer but we went shopping and replenished it with meats so we could do more cooking at home.

7.  I dove into recipes and found some healthy, light alternatives.  I’ve been cooking more and enjoying it! Eating out is no longer my “go to” for lunchtime.  

8.  I went through my sewing room and pulled out things I no longer need or use.  A group of women from my Mom’s church are getting together and donating craft supplies for local teachers.  It was a relief to get rid of things that were just causing clutter and know they will be put to good use!

9. I turned my leased vehicle back into the dealership in order to rid myself of insurance, registration, gas and a monthly payment.  This is going a long way towards helping me to work from home!

10. I renovated my quilting room!!!  I am so happy with the results.  My room is only 10’ x 10’ so I’m somewhat limited in what I can do.  I must say, though, I am SOOOO happy with the results. 

 

Tomorrow…pictures of the “new” quilting room!  It’s so Organized!!

 

Here are some pictures from our trip to the Cincinnati, OH for the Quilt Festival in April…

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

 

 

   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...